Group Play Bar/Base/Beam with another room what type of delay do you get?

• 22 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I am considering getting a sonos product to connect directly to my TV. I would like to be able to group it with my play 5 in the kitchen so when I step out into the kitchen I can still hear the TV audio for the programme I am watching.

What happens in terms of delay when you do this? Will the play 5 audio be slightly out of sync with the Playbar or will they both be in sync, but the Playbar will no longer be as in sync with the tv picture.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The playbar/base/beam will always remain in sync with the tv. When grouping tv audio with another zone (kitchen) the other zone will be slightly delayed, out of sync. If you can hear the playbar from the kitchen (or vice versa), they you'll hear an echo effect. So probably not great for an 'open concept' home. If the kitchen and tv room is separated by a door or something like that, then it probably won't be an issue.

All that said, some people are not bothered by the delay at all.
Badge +1
"When grouping tv audio with another zone.."

Just to make sure, no issue if you group the Beam for music with the TV off?
No issue there.