Question

Getting sonos system to work as home theatre for Samsung tv

• 24 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi

I have a new Samsung ue55mu6121 which I have linked to a Sonos play bar via the optical cable. My Sonos sound bar is linked to two play 1 speakers in the room. Via Spotify I get all speakers working together to create a surround sound but the two speakers are not working through the tv system. In the tv menu on the sound system setting it won't let me select home theatre. Seems to only want to recognise a Samsung sound bar. Any suggestions to sort this out?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The best thing you can do is reboot the whole system and repair it again. If you can hear all 3 speakers playing music but not when watching tele, its weird. Have you disabled your internal speakers? Do disable that and test again. Last resort, just factory reset and start from afresh.

Bear in mind, 3.1 setup for watching tele, the two play:1 sounds are very faint..so you'll need to pay close attention..if your P1 and SB are close together, you would probably miss it
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Many Samsung TVs refuse to emit 5.1 audio for HDMI inputs, just stereo. If they do this your surrounds will be quiet, as described. You need to trick the TV to emitting 5.1 using an EDID converter, I use this one on my Samsung: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3SH3CL/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1