Answered

Getting Dolby Digital 5.1 out of my Playbar instead of Stereo

• 6 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
Setup is a Playbar with two sonos play 1 speakers set as the surround sound and a connect attached to a record player. Playbase connected directly to my tv via optical cable. My TV (vizio m series) allows two audio output formats, PCM and Bitstream.

Sound is coming out of my L+R surround but it's faint (even with TV surround audio all the way up). When I check "about my sonos" it says Audio In is stereo. When playing music (either through spotify on sonos app or record play) the surround sound is MUCH louder and "about my sonos" Audio In is blank.

I'm trying to achieve louder/better sound from the surround sound while watching TV and I hear the lack of Dolby Digital 5.1 as the Audio might be issue, what are my options here?
icon

Best answer by jannabana69 6 April 2018, 12:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Not sure if this is a brand new set up for you or if you have had it a while. I am not saying you haven’t checked the obvious, but in the app do you have the Play 1 surrounds in “TV” slider set to a low setting?
Badge
It’s new, but I’ve done some of the obvious stuff. The TV slider is maxed out.