Getting Atmos sound from SKY Q into Sonos Arc

• 30 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’ve got my SKY Q box set for DD+ sound output through HDMI and connected to my Samsung QE55Q7FAM TV. The TV doesn’t have eARC so the Sonos Arc is connected to the TV through a regular ARC HDMI connection. The TV is set to bitstream input but frustratingly the HDMI output setting has DD+ greyed out and the best I can get is 5.1 via the available Dolby Digital option. When I play Disney or Amazon content using the TV’s onboard apps the DD+ output option is available and I get terrific 3D DA sound through the Arc speaker sub and surrounds. Any one got an idea how I can get access to the SKY DD+ signal?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Stephen_70, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community! I understand that you want to get the DD+ from your SKY Q into Sonos Arc and just to let you know it will depend on the physical source device playing the content and when using external source devices like a gaming console or set-top box, make sure they are set to the same output format as the TV. Most Dolby Atmos audio can be played through HDMI-ARC using the Dolby Digital Plus codec. HDMI-eARC is required to play lossless Dolby Atmos audio using the Dolby TrueHD codec.

Check with the manufacturer of your device to see if it supports Dolby Atmos. We can also wait for other’s opinions. We and the community are always here to help.