gapless playback in Dolby Atmos on Arc with Amazon Music

• 26 December 2021
  • 2 replies

It’s finally great to see Amazon Music in Dolby Atmos supported on the Sonos Arc.  However, I was playing The Beatles Abbey Road in Dolby Atmos on the Arc sound bar and realized that the songs on the second part of the album that are mixed together are played with a gap in between.  Is this a codec issue, a problem with Amazon or Sonos hardware?  Anyone listening to music where songs are mixed together in Dolby Atmos can share their experiences.  Thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I think Amazon have only implemented gapless playback on android devices so far. Hopefully they will add that to their iOS and Sonos services too, going forward. I tend to use crossfade on some occasions to ease the tracks into each other for some playlists, as that at least avoids the silences that otherwise occur.

This happens only during Dolby Atmos playback.  Gapless playback works fine on all other codecs (HD, HD Ultra…etc.)