Foxtel to Playbar Lip Sync Delay

• 8 February 2020
  • 1 reply

I have Foxtel IQ4 connected via HDMI to my TV (Samsung RU7100) I connect my TV to the Playbar Via optical cable. When I select AC3 (Dolby) audio output on the Foxtel there is a noticeable delay is the audio, if I select PCM there is no delay. I plugged the optical cable directly to the Playbar from the Foxtel and the lip sync issue was fixed. So clearly there is a delay created when through the TV. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution? Well a better solution than having to unplug and plug the optical cable from Foxtel to TV and back again depending on what I want to watch…..

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There are a plethora of complaints like this about Samsung TVs and lipsync issues in the Home Theater area of the forum. Some have been able to rectify the issue by updating the software on the TV, some have had Samsung replace some electronics in the TV, most have decided to go with an HDMI switch that has an optical output on it, to pull the audio off the HDMI before it actually gets into the TV.