Fixed Playbar using Arc (kind of)

• 29 December 2021
  • 1 reply

I like many people had my Playbar break because of a cheap component - the toslink broke. YouTube has a video on how to install anew toslink but you do need some electronics skills to do that. You would think Sonos would have had a hdmi option but that has already been discussed. So I took the credit and bought the Arc which does Atmos and I am very impressed. Except I cannot use trueplay because my iPad is too new! Anyhow I can now pair my Arc with my Playbar if I want and have two sound bars for hearing what’s on the TV. Or you can use the Playbar in any room. You need to ‘reset’ the Playbar first.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Yep, don’t think I would attempt replacement of the optical port having seen this YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/pHn5Jeqjicc

It shows too just how much work goes into making these devices. The simplicity of their use sometimes means that many take these complex computerised speakers for granted.

Good to hear you were able to use your playbar elsewhere in your Home and hope you enjoy your new shiny Sonos Arc HT device too.👍