FIXED LG PLAYBAR LIPSYNC

• 24 February 2019
  • 2 replies

I (after allowing a couple months pass by) reconnected my 2018 65in LG straight to Playbar...lipsync issues gone...there was a software update over this time from LG. Setup: optical to tv...Xfinity box to TV HDMI non ARC...Xbox One to TV ARC.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

That's interesting, and thanks for posting. I have had lip-sync issues with my LG OLED TV with both the Playbar and Beam. Recently got the new Sonos Amp - no lip-sync issue. I had been wondering whether something had been generically fixed on the LG side, or if there was something different about the AMP. Just wired up a Beam to test it - no lip-sync problem.

That is consistent with my understanding that the Sonos home theatre devices don't do any sound processing, just digital to analog conversion, which should be instantaneous.

Do you know for a fact that the LG update dealt with this issue, or are you just assuming it because the problem has gone away?
I do know that there was an update...mine says
webOS TV Version 4.1.0-5509 (goldilocks-glacier) my TV is model SK8000PUA...Not OLED. It also has listed on a separate menu Software Version 04.10.15. I am assuming that somebodys update Sonos or LG solved it..I didnt change the way I previously had it set up which was to bypass Xbox as the tuner as in optical to Xbox from Playbar...I tried everything.