Feature Request: Front Left and Right Speakers

• 13 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Requesting Sonos to have the option by end of 2022 to early 2023 to be able to install front right and left front speakers to a home theater setup to get dedicated right and left sounds from it's own front speakers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Why don’t you want a centre channel too? 

But if this is what you want, I think the Amp provides it, with a “phantom” centre channel. Just add your choice of passive speakers. 

Requesting Sonos to have the option by end of 2022 to early 2023 to be able to install front right and left front speakers to a home theater setup to get dedicated right and left sounds from it's own front speakers.

What happens if Sonos doesn’t meet your deadline? 

As already pointed out, the amp fits what you’re asking for.   However, I’m guessing you actually want more than just front left and right speakers, but didn’t specify center channel, atmos, or other criteria.

If I know anything about the software development cycle (and I do); if this is to be released in late 2022 or early 2023, it has been in the works for many months and your request is useless, and if it hasn’t been in the works for months, it has no chance of being released then, so you request is, again, useless. 

Although I appreciate the desire for separate front left/right speakers in a home theatre setup, assuming Amp doesn’t meet the need, I would rather Sonos focus on their next products, which should more than meet this requirement I would guess...though not within the timeline.

Badge +1

Why don’t you want a centre channel too? 

We already have that like the Beam for example, having an option to install R+L front speakers would be nice.

Badge +1

The waiting games begins.

The Beam is not ‘a’ center channel. All of Sonos soundbars have, so far, contained discrete right, center, and left channels/speakers, and so far, there is no way to suppress the right and left streams to force them to external speakers. Sonos has not yet made a ‘center channel only’ speaker. 

The waiting games begins.

So you’re in pre-waiting game time now I guess.