Failed Sonos orginal optcial audio cord.....

• 22 January 2022
  • 2 replies

My original optical equipment audio cord no long successfully connects the Sonos Playbar to the TV. Playbar works fine with other sounds sources. The Sonos Playbar using the original optical audio fails to make a working connection with two different TVs leading me to conclude the optical audio connector cable is the problem. The cord appears to have "female" to "male" plug-ins on both ends of the cord. I am unable to find such a replacement cord from the normal after-market suppliers. Does any  one know of a source for Sonos replacement parts? I am unable to find online connection to order a replacement optical audio cord that works with the Playbar. Unfortunately, I now own 3 replacement optical audio cords that will not connect with my Playbar and a TV and the orgianal which connects but does not work.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

The Playbar uses any standard optical cable like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NH11H38

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You have three optical cables that “will not connect”? Sounds like the problem is the connector on the Playbar or TV, not with the cables. YT has a video on how to replace the optical socket on the Playbar but its not for the faint of heart.