Question

Existing playbar and sub woofer - working with a Connect

• 4 March 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi

I have a number of Sonos speakers in my house but my cinema sound bar and subwoofer are Sony. I wish to bring them into my one Sonos system and I understand I can do this via purchasing a Connect. My question is do I need one Connect for the Soundbar and one Connect for the Subwoofer i,e I need to buy two? I already have a Play 5 in the rear of the room where the subwoofer is so once I have set up the Sony Sound Bar to be part of the Sonos system, do I even need the subwoofer? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

cheers

NB

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi nbernste

Before answering your question...what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are you just trying to get TV audio to your Sonos speakers? Does your soundbar have a line-out to split the audio signal without degradation? Does your TV have a second line-out that will allow splitting the audio signal without signal degradation? Assuming the sub get's it low-end signal from the soundbar is the sub wireless or connected to the soundbar via line-in? Please elaborate. Cheers!

PS
How is the soundbar connected to your TV?