Answered

era 300 getting warm on the front!

• 30 October 2023
  • 4 replies

era 300 getting warm on the front! They are ok when not running. But when running their get warm. Is it something to worry about?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 November 2023, 10:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

How warm and what is your room temperature?

Idle Sonos are known to be attractive to cats looking for a warm place to nap. :-)

My room is not that warm  as i don't get the sun in the back room  the Era 300's  are on the wall and by a window so got a lot of ventilation

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dave44 

Thanks for your post!

“Warm” is not something I’d worry about - it’s perfectly natural for electronic devices to warm up a bit when in use, especially if they are getting pushed a bit. The woofers at the front will use the most power, so they will likely warm up first, and/or more.

If you ever see signs of melted plastic on the unit, however, please immediately unplug from power and get in touch with our technical support team to report as much.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

My room is at 80 F, my One SL is at 88 F, my Gen 1 Beam ranges from 85 to 87 F. All playing at fairly loud background sound levels.