ERA 100 and ERA 300 - DOES NOT DO MIXED speakers SURROUND Sound

• 30 March 2023
  • 3 replies

P****D OFF CUSTOMER HERE!!!

I got 2 ea ERA 100 and 2 ea ERA 300 for a SURROUND SOUND system, well guess what they dont wokr togther with ARC, I was told by a rep yes all good and will work, so I preordered and waited weeks.  

Get them today and well the 100 and 300 DO NOT DO SURROUND SOUND TOGETHER, so I call Sono and for a SURROUND sound you need to have either 4 ea ERA 100 or 4 ea ERA 300 - YOU CAN NOT MIX AND MATCH THEM - LIKE REALLY WTF!!!!  How lame a$$ stupid is that!!!!!!!

Wasted time and money!!!!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

To maybe disappoint you further: for surround I think you need either two ERa's 100 or two Era's 300 and a Sonos Arc or Beam (Gen 2). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @vgcrepairs 

You have been given bad advice, twice. I can only apologise.

Only 2 speakers can ever be configured to one soundbar as surrounds, and they must be of the same model (or close - Ones and One SLs can be paired).

So, to be absolutely clear, you can add two Era 100s to your Arc, or you can add two Era 300s to your Arc, but you cannot add four of any speaker type whether they are all the same or not.

I have ensured that the agent you spoke to will be made aware of this error they have made.

All I can suggest is ascertaining which Era pair gives you the best sound/value and returning the others for a full refund. We will cover all shipping costs, and you can start the process on our Money Back Guarantee page.

My sincere apologies once again, and I hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @vgcrepairs 

You have been given bad advice, twice. I can only apologise.

Only 2 speakers can ever be configured to one soundbar as surrounds, and they must be of the same model (or close - Ones and One SLs can be paired).

So, to be absolutely clear, you can add two Era 100s to your Arc, or you can add two Era 300s to your Arc, but you cannot add four of any speaker type whether they are all the same or not.

I have ensured that the agent you spoke to will be made aware of this error they have made.

All I can suggest is ascertaining which Era pair gives you the best sound/value and returning the others for a full refund. We will cover all shipping costs, and you can start the process on our Money Back Guarantee page.

My sincere apologies once again, and I hope this helps.

Lol. Thank God you said this, because I was wondering when this was possible.