Answered

Epson 4k LS11000 with Sonos ARC does NOT work with Apple TV Atmos

• 25 February 2024
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I have seen this issues in many forums where Sonos ARC is not able to play Dolby Atmos content from Apple TV (3rd Gen) or other devices like roku, xbox etc. Not that there is a sizable population struggling to find a solution this problem. Has anyone been able to get any resilution ?

My Setup: Apple 4K → Epson 1100S (HDMI In) → Epson eArc Out → Sonos eArc In

AppleTV Setup: Video HDR10+, Audio Dolby Atmos (Or No HDR)

Issue: Sound Skips to almost NO sound

High Quality ethernet enabled HDMI cables (24Gbps) used for all connections

I have been waiting for 5 months now to find some resolution. We paid for Dolby Atmos would like to get 100% out of our cost. 

This seems to be some cheating on SOnos side that they are not addressing the issue.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 4 March 2024, 13:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@ukn 

There‘s no general problem with Apple TV 4k playing Atmos on Sonos Arc or Beam2. In most cases it’s an issue with the device between if something doesn’t work as expected. In your case how are the audio settings of the Epson? 
Also you have to make sure that the content you are playing really offers an Atmos audio track for the selected language. 
What exactly are you trying to play and what streaming service do you use?

Have you tried another device playing Atmos with that setup? For example from a bluray disk?

@Schlumpf I have tried all different combo on Epson after speaking with Epson customer service etc. There are so many setting to list out here. 

Content I am playing is from Apple TV+ Original shows that is Pure Dolby Atmos. Also Atmos from XBOX and Roku does not work. 

Wondering if its something to do with HDR10+ from Epson ? I have tried disabling it but that doesn’t help either.  It works from my TV (LG) where we get Dolby Vision. Also Sonos ARC can play over the AIR Atmos content from my iPAD.

So I am confused if ARC is not able to handle uncompressed audio coming out of APPLE TV and going through EPSON. Is Epson the bottleneck ??

What else can I do ?

Userlevel 7

@ukn What specific Epson projector do you have? The “Epson 1100S” is not an actual projector model.

Sorry.  Model No. is Epson LS11000.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @ukn, welcome to the Sonos Community!

If I’m reading your second post correctly, you were able to get Atmos content from your LG TV with the Arc but not via your Epson Projector? Correct me if I’m wrong though, and if you haven’t done this, then I’d recommend doing so as a test.

As @Schlumpf said, in most cases it’s the device between that’s causing issues, which could be the Epson in your case. If you haven’t already, I’d suggest powering off the devices for around one to two minutes and trying different a HDMI cable.

If you’re able to replicate this issue reliably, then submitting a diagnostics and reaching out to our support team for further assistance would be the next step I’d advise. They have the necessary tools available to look into your system and help troubleshoot this with you.

I hope this helps!