Answered

DTS Digital Surround on Beam Gen 2

• 22 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have an LG UN9000 tv with a Panasonic UB150 4k player and the Beam (Gen 2).  For the life of me, I cannot get anything but Stereo PCM to play from blu ray discs that have a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtrack.  Does anyone know the optimal settings for my blu ray player and/or TV that can help me get DTS Surround?  I tried every possible combination of player settings (changing from Bitstream to PCM) and TV settings (making sure the HDMI input is also set to PCM like the player).  

Thanks in advance for anything to help!  

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 22 December 2021, 21:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

What year was the UN9000 released? LG stopped supporting DTS passthrough with their 2020 TV models. I know the UN8500 (2020) model doesn’t support DTS passthrough so I would assume the UN9000 would be the same.

If the TV is equipped with HDMI eARC, you should still be able to get multichannel PCM audio from discs with DTS-HD Master Audio or DTS:X. Lossless multichannel PCM is higher quality audio than lossy DTS Digital Surround.

For multichannel PCM audio, use these settings:

Panasonic UB150 audio settings:

Dolby Audio - Bitstream
DTS/DTS-HD - PCM
BD-Video Secondary Audio - Off

LG UN9000 audio settings:

eARC - On
Digital Sound Out - Passthrough