Don't Blame Sonos for DTS Issues

• 19 November 2021
  • 27 replies

Show first post

27 replies

@OuttaTime,

It looks like that TV does not support DTS pass-through see this link and the attached:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/s95c-oled

Perhaps use Multichannel-LPCM audio instead (HDMI-eARC needs to be enabled to play this uncompressed codec).

So does this mean they’re phasing out DTS, DTS:X and DTS-MA surround sound out? this kind of sucks

No, of course not, it’s just not a codec that your TV supports - it’s working on my LG C9 TV for example. A way around it is to send the audio from the sending device as McPCM, as mentioned earlier, but it’s uncompressed, so you need to enable the eARC port to play that codec on an attached Soundbar. The Arc and Beam (gen2) both support that audio format and your TV will pass that audio through its ports from what I read in that rtings review.

I have a Samsung TV. If you have Xbox series x passthrough works fine. I got two 4k players and passthrough didn't work on either, all DTS movies played 2 channel so annoying, returned both. Xbox series x can take DTS and transfer it to Dolby. But series x has ton more audio options than a standard 4k player.   Also I have Beam gen 1, I believe gen 2 can do DTS.