Dolby Atmos on Series X

• 6 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Audio: Sonos ARC SL

TV: TC-55FZ950C

Console: Xbox Series X

Hello All,

I cannot seem to get my Series X to detect the Sonos ARC SL as a Dolby Atmos device. I discovered a workaround where if I set my resolution to 1080p I am then able to set the audio to Dolby Atmos. Now that's fine and dandy, but I'm not willing to accept lowering my resolution to have this work. Can anybody please help me out? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Firstly make sure you are using the HDMI cable that came with your XSX for Xbox->TV, a 4k signal really needs a ultra high speed HDMI cable.

For Arc you must use the HDMI 2 to port connect to the Sonos (use the cable that came with your Sonos).

If that doesn’t help then check with Panasonic to ensure you have the latest firmware on your TV.

Firstly make sure you are using the HDMI cable that came with your XSX for Xbox->TV, a 4k signal really needs a ultra high speed HDMI cable.

For Arc you must use the HDMI 2 to port connect to the Sonos (use the cable that came with your Sonos).

If that doesn’t help then check with Panasonic to ensure you have the latest firmware on your TV.

I have already done what you suggested. But after a bit more digging it turns out that my tv (TC-55FZ950C) does not support Dolby Atmos… Which a massive punch in the gut. Thank you for your feedback.