dolby atmos for arc

Badge +1

Hi all

i have the arc with 2 surrounds (sonos ones) and a sub (gen 2)

will music play in Dolby atmos through all these or just the arc?

also what about movies?

35 replies

Userlevel 7

Oh is it worth me turning up the height volume on mine? 
I didn’t know what that option meant 

Yes, in most cases you should turn the height audio level up. I have mine set to +6. Usually, the higher your ceilings are, the higher the level should be increased.

Badge +1

Is it just trial and error or does the measurements determine how high u need to set it?

Userlevel 7

You need to find a Dolby Atmos source with distinct height channel audio playing and adjust the height audio level slider until it sounds good to your ears.

Badge +1

Ok nice one

Badge +1

Can’t say I’ve noticed any difference with the height audio 

Userlevel 7

How high are your ceilings? Are your ceilings flat with no obstruction?How far is the Arc from your ceiling? How far are you seated from the Arc?

Badge +1

I’m in a standard new build house with flat ceilings 

the arc just sits on a tv stand 

Userlevel 7

You need to sit fairly close to the Arc to hear the height channel speakers. I have flat 8 ft ceilings and my Arc is 6 ft from the ceiling. I need to sit from 5-8 ft from the Arc to hear the height channels well.

Does anyone know if Sonos is planning to release a new version of the Sonos Beam with Dolby Atmos support?

Userlevel 7

Does anyone know if Sonos is planning to release a new version of the Sonos Beam with Dolby Atmos support?

It’s probably unlikely since the current Beam is still extremely popular and they already offer a Dolby Atmos soundbar with the Sonos Arc.