Answered

Dolby Atmos Arc + Five?

• 4 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi there :)

Last year I upgraded from Beam to Arc, and I absolutely love it <3 

However, this year I was thinking on either upgrading the system with the Subwoofer or buying a turntable and use it with the Arc...(which I’ve already seen it would be difficult/expensive and the best option would be going with Sonos Five)

But, what if I can do both? Would it be possible, or a good choice, to buy 1 Five and….

1. Use it as rear to the TV system - Would I be able to use Atmos still?
  2. Connect it to a turntable, I understand I could create a group with Arc to listen to music right?

I know 2 Five would be the best, but maybe I can start with 1 and later add the second haha

Thanks!!!!

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 4 October 2021, 12:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Yes you can use the ARC as an input for your turntable.  The turntable sound can then be played on any speaker, you don’t need to group it, the Turntable will show as a Music source for the arc in the Sonos app.  You can also set the auto play room to be the room the Arc is in.  That way every time you play a record it will automatically play on the arc.

From a a home theatre aspect you cannot use a single Five, or any single sonos speaker, as surround, they have to be a pair,.  I have a pair of  Ikea Symfonisk speakers as surrounds, great value. 

You could also consider a Port as the turntable input and get the two symfonisks for not much more than a Five.

For using ARC as input, I’d need a Port right? Same for the symfonisks. I understand you connect the turntable to Port and from there you connect it to the Sonos ecosystem (something like that)

Based on the product page of the Pro-ject T1 product page...

Compatible with Five, Play:5, Amp, Port, Connect y Connect:Amp

Since my TV + Arc would be in the very same room as the turntable and the speaker, I’d love to use them all together. Both for TV or music.

It actually makes sense to use a pair as surround :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Think of the port as a Five without the speakers!

If you listen to a lot of Music in that room then get two Fives, that’s what I would do, you can connect either Five to the turntable.  Then no need for the port etc.

As for the turntable make sure you get the version with an integrated Phono amp, or buy your own as an extra.  Up to you.

Ok understood :) Thanks!