Question

Does Playbar Connect to a TV with HDMI cable?

• 17 May 2013
  • 5 replies

I am purchasing a new tv and it is limited by only 2 HDMI outlets. I figured one HDMI is for my cable box and the other for my DVD player. Does playbar need a HDMI input too. The answer to this question determines which TV I buy. One with 2 HDMI or one with 3HDMI

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Playbar just needs an optical cable connected to your TV for sound...nothing else.
No, the Playbar uses an audio optical cable (cable included with the Playbar). Just make sure the TV you are looking at has optical digital output. You won't need one of your HDMI ports on the TV for the Playbar. edit: (whoops, ignore this, Tua09788's response wasn't there when I started posting)
Userlevel 3
No, the Playbar uses an audio optical cable (cable included with the Playbar). Just make sure the TV you are looking at has optical digital output. You won't need one of your HDMI ports on the TV for the Playbar. edit: (whoops, ignore this, Tua09788's response wasn't there when I started posting)
Your answer was more in depth 🙂
Thank you. Just the info I needed
Badge
I have a Samsung smart tv and my sonos playbar (paired with 2 Play 1's) is connected via an optical cable, the only option. I have set the the TV to external speakers to use the sonos devices. The only problem is I can only adjust volume using my iphone and the sonos app. Samsung tell me the only way I could use their remote to vontrol volume is if the playbar was connected to an hdmi port. Is this possible or do I have to wait for Alexa to come to New Zealand and use either an Echo Dot or a Sonos One. Greatful for any advice