Question

Disturbed bass sound on Sonos Arc.

• 3 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 10 replies

Dear Sonos,

I have a sonos arc and with the following audio fragment the bass sounds really awful. It appears in the Netflixx serie Trickets, season 1, episode 6, 24:17 minutes. 
I suggest you listen to this audio clip yourself on a Sonos Arc with a volume of 30-40% and would like to hear your comments. Because this really doesn't make any sense.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @djbak, Thank you for reaching out. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding this issue on your Sonos Arc. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. We will review and check the diagnostic report to check where the issue could be coming from. If this won't still work, then we\ll have this checked further with our phone support team.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Hello Simon, 

the number of the diagnostic report is: 1743555524. I must admit that the audio clip I mentioned earlier sounds better after repeating the Trueplay procedure with another iPhone. The first time was with a iPhone 6S and the last time with a iPhone X. The sound is slightly better when Trueplay is done by a iPhone X. However, I hope you can analyse my diagnostic report.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @djbak, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Upon checking the diagnostic information that you provided, there is an Error message on the Sonos arc, (Error: Abort Refused) I’ll ask you to try to unplug the HDMI Arc cable coming from the Sonos Arc and on the TV for 1-2 minutes, and then replug it back in. and resubmit a diagnostic report for us to check for any progress after unplugging and replugging it back in. 

Badge

Hi, I unplugged the hdmi cable of the Arc en plugged it in as you advised. After that I did the diagnostics procedure again. This is the report number: 302481455. I tried the sound clips again of the Netflix series where I heard the strange bass sounds before. Sligthly better, but I have the bass in EQ at 0 now. When it’s at +2 or +3 the sound is with some sound clips still not very best.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @djbak, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. I saw that there is an error on the Sonos Arc, (Abort: Refused) since we’ve done some troubleshooting steps and still it’s not working. we need to take this issue further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.