Disable Arc while using Fives for music?

• 17 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I purchased the Sonos Arc, Sub and two one Sl's. While I was sort of happy with the Cinema Sound stage, I wasn't happy with the sound of music through this set up. In my opinion, the arc is an awful sound with music only, great with Home Cinema. While I get that this set up is primarily for Home Cinema, I have changed the One Sl's for two fives. However, I only wish Sonos would allow the user to disable the Arc when playing music through the Fives. You can disable the sub and the surrounds, why not the Arc? At the moment I have set the One SL's back up with the Arc and sub and set the Fives up as another room within our living room. A pretty overkill option just to use the Fives as a standalone pair. 

Im wondering as a work around, if the option of disabling the WiFi of the arc in the app would work? However, I see you need an ethernet cable connected to do this. Maybe if I put an ethernet cable and don't connect to the Router, this will enable the user to use the toggle within the app to disable the Wfi on the Arc? I haven't got an ethernet cable to try this. Seems a shame not to use the Fives as both Stereo and surounds. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Disabling WIFI is going to drop the Fives from the system entirely.  Short of removing the surrounds from the Arc room whenever you wish to play music, there is no simple solution to what you wish to do.

Userlevel 2
Badge

You could set the rears to +15 for music in the app under “options> surrounds”

This would make them much more prominent. 

However, every time you turn on music you will need to turn down total volume.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

You could set the rears to +15 for music in the app under “options> surrounds”

This would make them much more prominent. 

However, every time you turn on music you will need to turn down total volume.

Hi There,

I have already done this and can still hear the Arc. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Disabling WIFI is going to drop the Fives from the system entirely.  Short of removing the surrounds from the Arc room whenever you wish to play music, there is no simple solution to what you wish to do.

Thanks for the feedback. 

I guess I'm going to have to use the two different room setup. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks for the feedback. 

I guess I'm going to have to use the two different room setup. 

You’re not the first to ask for this; nor, I suspect, will you be the last.