Answered

digital audio issue

• 25 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Everything was working fine and then suddenly sound issues.  Play at connected to TV with digital audio cable.   Suddenly it stopped working,  after review it’s working but to hear the tv sound has to be up to almost max.   Remove tv and play music l, it’s normal nonissue.  

I check settings and rest and same. I’ve tried Dolby, arc and standard. Same behavior. Check the cable it’s in secure when I pull out of playbar it had the red light 

any thoughts as to what’s going on?  

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 25 February 2023, 17:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

My set top box has a volume, in addition to the tv. My wife sometimes controls volume with the set top remote rather than tv remote. That can result in a need to turn tv volume very high. Don’t know if that applies to your setup?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

“Play at connected to TV with digital audio cable.” TV connected to Playbar with optical cable?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @msetter 

Thanks for your post!

If ​​​@nik9669a’s suggestion wasn’t the answer, I’d recommend removing power from your TV for at least 2 minutes.

I hope this helps.