Answered

different rooms different music?

• 26 December 2017
  • 1 reply

My living room has a play bar, subwoofer, and 2 Sonos one all connected to the TV. I just added a Sonos Play 1 to my exercise room. When I attempt to do exercise I checked the box on the app the Sonos Play 1 exercise room ans started music. The problem is when I did that I unchecked the living room because I didn't want the music playing in the living room. My wife was watching TV in the living room and the audio turned off when I did that. Is there a way I can play music in the basement in my exercise room and have TV audio come out same time in the living room?
icon

Best answer by Chris 26 December 2017, 03:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The new app is a little confusing (we hope to see update coming in next few weeks).

Your using the little red room menu which is just meant to add or subtract rooms from what your currently listening too.

Don't use that menu.... swipe down on the now playing screen and chose a new room to control.

So if you have the living room TV sound up and want to go into exercise room. You don't uncheck from that red room menu the tv room (that would turn off the TV room). Instead think of that bottom red listing as the current controlling room. You instead want to leave the TV room alone and go to the exercise room. Swipe down on the now playing screen so you get the menu bar at the bottom. From there chose ROOMS and pick exercise room to control. Once you have done that you will be only controlling the exercise room (and any rooms associated with it).