Denon DP-300F

• 18 August 2018
  • 1 reply

I'm trying to setup a Denon DP-300F turntable on my existing Sonos system. I have it connected to the Sonos Connect (the Denon says it has a built-in phono preamp) and the Connect is recognized by my app as being part of my system. However, there's no sound coming out of any of my speakers (I have a half dozen speaks around the house and have tried them all). I have also tried different Line-In Source Levels with no effect. And yes, I've triple checked all the cables. What's interesting is that when I start the turntable (it's automatic), there tiny equalizer bars for the turntable+speaker pairing in the app are active, but no sound. I know I'm probably missing something basic, but I can't figure out what.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm trying to setup a Denon DP-300F turntable on my existing Sonos system. I have it connected to the Sonos Connect (the Denon says it has a built-in phono preamp) and the Connect is recognized by my app as being part of my system. However, there's no sound coming out of any of my speakers (I have a half dozen speaks around the house and have tried them all). I have also tried different Line-In Source Levels with no effect. And yes, I've triple checked all the cables. What's interesting is that when I start the turntable (it's automatic), there tiny equalizer bars for the turntable+speaker pairing in the app are active, but no sound. I know I'm probably missing something basic, but I can't figure out what.

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. In the screenshot you sent there were no speakers grouped with your Connect. Unless you have speakers connected to the audio output on the Connect, you won't hear anything from that unit. You can group together your other Sonos speakers and the Connect, or just try playing the line-in source on the other players to hear the turntable audio.

If that doesn't work, please send in a diagnostic report while you are playing the line-in source to some speakers, and reply with the confirmation number.