Dead playbar?

• 23 October 2017
  • 9 replies

Right now its only capable of showing the white light.

A few hours ago it was connected to my router (ethernet) and from cable box (digital audio cable) and working. After what appears to be a controller "update" its unresponsive:

1. will not play audio from the digital audio in
2. refuses to even show up as a connected device on the router after repeated power offs of the router, the playbar, the entire network, etc so I cannot connect to it or configure it
3. won't even factory reset - after power down, I have play/pause held down, power on and its white unblinking light forever. No amber, to light flashes for amber. I held it down for a solid 3-4 min.

I guess I'll write in to support but I think at this stage maybe there's no point with this temperamental piece of garbage? Are there any other avenues I can try? Shutoff all power to my house and then hold the button??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Same experience here...

Only that i have a completely unresponsive Play 3 and Connect.

- White light on
- Can't find the devices in the Android App
- Pushing mute and volume up gives a yellow blinking led for some minutes (but still not able to set up as new system)
- No devices showing up in routers device list

Hopefully Sonos did'nt brick our devices with some update :S
I'd think there would be thousands of complaints on the boards if they had bricked anything with an update, not 2 posts.

I'd recommend that you should get in touch with Sonos directly for instances like this. You can find phone numbers (and other forms of communication) and hours at www.sonos.com/contact
Badge
Happened here too. I have just contacted support with my diagnostic.
same here, solid white light
Same problem with playbar. Any fix??
I had similar issue with solid white light but wasn't a found speaker that was solved with factory resetting it. Appears OP tried this but may help others.
Factory reset doesnt work because it froozen. No mather what you do there is still this white solid light.
Hi there, Nilledelmar. Thanks for posting about this. If your PLAYBAR will not factory reset, it may need to be replaced. Please give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time with you and to go over any and all options to get you sorted. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Factory reset doesnt work because it froozen. No mather what you do there is still this white solid light.

Hi Niledelmar

Since I didn't see any indication that you submitted a diagnostic to Sonos I'll offer this...

Factor resetting a Playbar has a lot to do with synchronized timing of pressing play/pause and restoring power while you continue to hold play/pause until the status light begins to flash white/amber before you release and afterwards wait for the status light to display flashing green.

I found the trick to be rather than trying to plug the electrical into a wall outlet while pressing play/pause...instead turn the Playbar longitudinally with the rear connections facing upward leaving the electrical plugged into the wall outlet. Disengage power by removing the electrical from the rear of the Playbar. Following the same instructions above (for synchronization) insert the power cord back into the rear of the Playbar and proceed as instructed. Hopefully, you'll have success with that procedure. Cheers!