Question

Creating 5.0 system with Sonos AMP and Beam .... TV only has 2 HDMI ports (NO ARC SUPPORT)

• 26 January 2021
  • 1 reply

In need of a solution to creating a 5.0 system with my current equipment. I have a Samsung TV with no HDMI ARC supported. It has two HDMI ports ( currently taken by cable box and apple tv) and an Digital Audio Out port. Also currently have 1 sonos Amp and purchased a sonos beam. Im looking to have beam play Front L+C+R and the sonos amp power the in ceiling rears for surround. Is this possible, do I need any type of splitters / extractors?  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello there @ej_11, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. About your concern, The Sonos Beam has a songle or optical adapter included on the package which will convert the other end of the HDMI Arc cable to an optical port so you can try connecting it to the optical output of your TV. The only limitation for this is that to use these Voice assistant commands, the Sonos Beam must be connected to your TV’s HDMI-ARC input and your TV needs to have HDMI-CEC enabled. Voice commands for turning the TV on and off will not work if Beam is connected via an optical adapter.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above. We're here to answer any further questions you have.