Crackling sound with playbase (optical connection)

• 27 August 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Last year I bought myself a playbase and the subwoofer. Did everything very well but then suddenly after a phew months I started to get a cracking sound. Tried some settings with the tv which I found her on the forum. That didnt work... So I just restarted it a phew times. And suddenly it work fine again.

But now a week ago it started again. Exactly the same problem...
Do you have any help for this?

My setup:

Nvidia Shield Tv
Surround: alway on
Stereo upmix (upmix stereo streams to 5.1 pcm): on
->connected with hdmi to my tv

Samung tv
Model: UE48J6200AW
Type No: UE48J6200
HDMI audio format: PCM
Audio format: PCM
Dolby digital Comp: RF
->connected with optical to playbase

What I have tried:
#Streamed directly to my tv (cutting off nvidia shield), still the same problem.
#Played songs with spotify directly to the playbase with the sonos app. Normally that works but now it started cracking too. Which is very strange because I could still play music on my playbase without cracking.

Diagnostic info number:

Kinds greetings

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi there, lorwel. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I was able to take a close look at both of the diagnostic reports you submitted and both seemed to be incomplete. This typically points to a problem getting information across the network to and from Sonos. In this case, my best recommendation would be to give our support technicians a call to have them take a closer look. They can see how data is moving along the network and get this sorted.

Thanks!