Cracking sound while playing PS4

• 20 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

Since quite some time now I'm having the issue that my Playbar stops audio for a brief moment or cracks while playing games on my PS4. I've already replaced my HDMI cable with a brand new one and tested a few others I had laying around. I've also replaced my optical cable two times and made sure my TV , Sonos playbar and Ps4 are up to date. Also done a complete reset of my PS4 but no result.

I've also done all troubleshooting done in this thread: https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/ps4-buzzing-and-sound-cuts-in-and-our-6812983 but unfortunately the issue persists.

Does anyone had similar problems or perhaps have any idea what it might be?

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +7
This happened with by Beam and Nintendo Switch. It comes and goes, and thus far hasn't been enough of a bother to pursue further. I, too, switched the cable and made sure the connection was deeply seated. Occasionally, the issue shows itself.

It's intermittent, though. Sounds like yours might be more frequent and pronounced?
This happened with by Beam and Nintendo Switch. It comes and goes, and thus far hasn't been enough of a bother to pursue further. I, too, switched the cable and made sure the connection was deeply seated. Occasionally, the issue shows itself.

It's intermittent, though. Sounds like yours might be more frequent and pronounced?

Correct, this happens several times while playing
Badge +7
I'd recommend this and allow Sonos to pursue the issue, if you haven't already done so.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141?language=en_US
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Audio output settings on the PS4 set to Bitstream?

Configuring your PlayStation 4

Access “Settings” by scrolling to the top right with your PS4 remote.
Select “Sound and Screen.”
Select “Audio Output Settings.”
Select “Primary Output Port.”
Select “HDMI Out.”
Set the “Audio Format (Priority)” to “Bitstream (Dolby).”

No sound from the Sonos Playbar, Playbase, or Beam