Question

Controlling volume on Beam with remote

• 15 December 2018
  • 2 replies

I setup my remote to control volume on my beam - first my apple tv4k remote and then my tv remote - and the remote sets up fine and controls volume perfectly. However, as soon as I put my beam in it’s permanent place - on a bracket on top of the tv - the volume control stops working. If I take the beam off it’s backet and set it on a chair below the tube and about 18” away the remote works again to control the volume. When I put the beam back up on its bracket - remote will not cotton volume again. This happens with both Apple TV remote and the tv remote. It seems like when the beam is above the tv there is some type of ineterference but it makes no sense to me. Need help please.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I don't own a Beam, so I'm not 100% sure about this....but on my PLAYBAR, which of the two IR sensors is active is taken at the moment that the device is plugged in to power. So, try hanging it on the wall, then power cycle it. Make sure that the IR signal can be "seen" by the device, i.e. look to see where / which sensor would be active. Usually an IR sensor looks like a shiny piece of glass/plastic. As I say, I don't know where they are on the Beam.
This FAQ implies that there's only one.....

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3404?language=en_US