Answered

Control Sonos Playbar volume with NVIDIA Shield remote

• 31 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I’m not sure if this is a Sonos, Nvidia, or Samsung question…

I recently started using an Nvidia Shield Pro (2019 version) and hooked it up to my TV and Playbar.  My TV is a Samsung UN55MU8000F.  The Playbar is connected via optical digital cable, and the TV speakers are turned off, so that the only sound is coming out of the Playbar (a *huge* improvement over the TV speakers).

However, I’m only able to control the Playbar volume with the app from my phone.  I can’t it with the Shield remote.

I would seem reasonable if it were possible to connect the Playbar to the Shield remote volume controls via the Shield IR-settings… but when I go there, “Sonos” is not an option for the soundbar brand to connect to.

If anyone can answer this, I’d be most grateful.  Or if this has already been answered elsewhere, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by rasdane 31 December 2020, 14:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You need to go through the remote control setup process in the Sonos app Playbar settings. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Shield has a bluetooth remote, so shouldn't it be set to emit infrared?

Thank you for the replies.  My 10-year old figured it out last night!  In the Shield set-up, there was an option to search for manufacturer, even if Sonos wasn’t listed as a “common search”.  But once we searched it was there, and it’s working beautifully.

Thank you again and Happy New Year.

I’m sorry but I don’t understand how to do it do u think please can be more specific thank you