Control individual speaker volume in 5.1 setup

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hi
Is it possible to control individual speaker in a 5.1 setup?

I feel my rear is a little weak (play 1) and want to bump the volume a little

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

You can adjust the level of the rears in the Sonos App, yes. You can't do them individually, though. I would also recommend that if you haven't done it yet, you run TruePlay, even if it requires spending a beer or two to have a friend come over for the evening to borrow their iOS device.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
You can adjust the level of the rears in the Sonos App, yes. You can't do them individually, though. I would also recommend that if you haven't done it yet, you run TruePlay, even if it requires spending a beer or two to have a friend come over for the evening to borrow their iOS device.

How do you adjust the level of the rears? I have iPhone and I have TruePlay setup it just I mount my speakers on the wall behind the sitting so I want to crank up a bit more volume due to distance and placement.
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2938/~/setting-up-surround-sound-with-the-sonos-playbar-or-playbase#surround_settings
Badge +1
I'm having the same problem. My rears are really weak unless I crank the playbar volume. I want to bump my rears up more, but it looks like I can only change bass/treble. Feeling frustrated.
I'm having the same problem. My rears are really weak unless I crank the playbar volume. I want to bump my rears up more, but it looks like I can only change bass/treble. Feeling frustrated.

Did you try following the link in the post directly above yours?
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
I increased my surround volume yesterday, the link posted covers it.

There is also a "Loudness" setting.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
I found using 2 x Play:3 worked better than my Play:1 - a much more rich sound. Turning the Play:1 up just made them louder, I actually needed a better speaker.
You cannot change the volume on the play one speakers, individually or seperately through the app. The people above /below are talking nonsense. It is not possible. Is there a sensible person out there who can tell me how to change the volume on the play one speakers because at the moment they are a complete waste of money as they are so quiet as to make them useless. Sonos are NOT a good Company as they do not exp;in things and make it so difficult.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
You cannot change the volume on the play one speakers, individually or seperately through the app. The people above /below are talking nonsense. It is not possible. Is there a sensible person out there who can tell me how to change the volume on the play one speakers because at the moment they are a complete waste of money as they are so quiet as to make them useless. Sonos are NOT a good Company as they do not exp;in things and make it so difficult.

Why are you asking for help doing something that you've already declared impossible?

I'd help you, but I would only be talking nonsense.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
Say no more..