Connection via bluetooth problem

• 2 November 2020
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Good day,

Sonos Move cannot be paired with Samsung TV (model UE49MU6472) via Bluetooth or wifi. The TV finds the speaker through the bluetooth speaker, but cannot connect it. It connects other devices without any problems. In the case of wifi, the TV does not even offer it to me. Both devices are on the same network. Can you please advise and help me set up at least one connection method?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Kuik.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to connect the Sonos Move to your TV via Bluetooth. Let me share some information to better understand.

Let me share with you the link to the Sonos Move that has all the information about its functionality, limitation, and specification. Sonos Move is not part of the Sonos Home theater family. The Sonos Move was not made to be connected and act as an audio output for movie sources. Here is the list of the Sonos devices and the corresponding links to their functionality, limitation, and specification that are capable of connecting directly to your TV.

1. Sonos Beam
  2. Sonos Playbar
  3. Sonos Playbase
  4. Sonos Amp
  5. Sonos Arc

I hope this helps.

I would also like to share with you a topic here in the community that discusses Bluetooth connectivity to the Sonos Move generating TV audio as it may have almost the same situation as yours. Please feel free to reach out and comment on the topic to check the recommendations and feedback of other members of the community who are also trying to set up the Sonos Move as an Audio output while watching a video.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hey paul your answer is horrible! What a money grab hijack by Sonos! So I have to buy your home theater products to run my sonos move via bluetooth when all of my other bluetooth devices have been successfully recognized and connected to my Samsung tv? I thought the sonos move was a state of the art game changer? Ha! what a joke. My jbl speaker, bose speaker & apple ear pods connect in less than 10 seconds... Would’ve never bought this if i knew it wasn’t universally compatible. Going to sell on ebay immediately. You’re the worst and so is sonos move!:rage: