Connecting TV remote for volume control

• 28 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
I just got a new TV and cannot connect the remote control. I went to room settings, chose TV room, remote, remote control setup, and when I pressed the volume + button the soundbar did not detect any signal. I tried doing with IR switched on and off and it didn't work. It's a new LG OLED TV.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge
I then followed the instructions for the LG Magic Remote: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3479. My beam successfully detected the + and - volume signals, but couldn't detect the mute. I then disabled SIMPLINK for the Optical connection under Settings > Sound > Sound Out but again my beam couldn't detect the mute button and so again couldn't complete the remote control set up. I'm stuck!
On my remote it has a help button. Under help it says that there is no remote control if you use the optical output, only hdmi.
Is CEC enables on your LG Tv?
Badge
Is CEC enables on your LG Tv? no that’s the same setting as SIMPLINK which I disabled
Badge
On my remote it has a help button. Under help it says that there is no remote control if you use the optical output, only hdmi. hmm ok I couldn’t get any signal whe I tried setting up via hdmi but I will give it another go
Badge
Right - the reason I couldn't set up via the HDMI/ARC port previously was because I didn't realise that only the TV's 2nd HDMI port is an ARC connection. So when I set up again using that I was able to get it working (reenabling the CEC/SIMPLINK as well). Duh! Thanks for the pointers, I got there in the end.