Answered

Connecting Sonos Beam to XGIMI Projector.

• 20 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi, I’m having trouble connecting my beam to the projector output.

Device: Sonos Beam

Projector: XGIMI H2

So I have connect all the cable and settings, but still no sound coming out from the projector, is it because my cable are too long? or should I buy the optical converter instead? Please advise.

I attached my set up for to understand better.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by John B 21 December 2020, 23:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Adam777.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted your Sonos to work with your projector. Allow me to share with you some information to help out.

I would like to set your expectation, connecting Sonos to a projector is not a recommended set up. Sonos home theater speakers such as the Sonos Playbar, Playbase, Beam, Amp, and Arc were designed to be connected directly to a TV. However, We can always reach out to other members of the community to see if they have any opinion or recommendations on this. There might be other members of the community who may have the same set up as you and for them the setup might be working.

Let us try to reach out to other members of the community and check their recommendations and feedback. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

@Paul A is correct - soundbars and projectors really don't go together. The distance between the projector and soundbar is just one problem. Another is the limited audio outputs on most projectors. What does yours have?

Hi @Adam777.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted your Sonos to work with your projector. Allow me to share with you some information to help out.

I would like to set your expectation, connecting Sonos to a projector is not a recommended set up. Sonos home theater speakers such as the Sonos Playbar, Playbase, Beam, Amp, and Arc were designed to be connected directly to a TV. However, We can always reach out to other members of the community to see if they have any opinion or recommendations on this. There might be other members of the community who may have the same set up as you and for them the setup might be working.

Let us try to reach out to other members of the community and check their recommendations and feedback. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. Although it is not recommended, it will be great if I can have some recommendations from someone for this, because I always use the projector to watch any movies in my room.

@Paul A is correct - soundbars and projectors really don't go together. The distance between the projector and soundbar is just one problem. Another is the limited audio outputs on most projectors. What does yours have?

Actually my projector (XGIMI H1) is meant to be use for home theater, and has some ouputs like hdmi arc, or digital output, see the image attached. It will be great if you have any recommendations for my setup. Thanks a lot in advance.

The length of the cable should not prevent the sound working. If the projector has HDMI-ARC then connecting that to the Beam should produce audio. I assume that is what you have tried?

What sources are you trying to play?

Do you have TV Autoplay enabled in the Beam's settings?

Is that audio output selected on the projector?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This PJ does not appear to have HDMI-ARC support, so use the optical adapter to the spdif port.

The length of the cable should not prevent the sound working. If the projector has HDMI-ARC then connecting that to the Beam should produce audio. I assume that is what you have tried?

I tried to put hdmi1 arc source in the projector. as the audio output, yes I have selected and for the autoplay let me tried it first. thanks for the help!!

This PJ does not appear to have HDMI-ARC support, so use the optical adapter to the spdif port.

I tried the hdmi to spdif coverter (provided by sonos) but nothing happened :(

HI, thanks alot for your solution, it works perfectly when I turn on the TV autoplay. Highly appreciate it!!