Answered

Connecting Sonos Beam to a Samsung TV

• 17 July 2020
  • 4 replies

I gifted a Sonos Beam to my brother who owns a 2013 Samsung TV Model # UN32EH4003F

What type of connection wire or adapter  does he need to successfully connect the Beam to that model Samsung TV?

He's been unsuccessful trying a few different adapters.

Thanks for any assistance!

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 18 July 2020, 17:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @pharmaross.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

Sonos Beam uses the HDMI-ARC connection and if the TV doesn’t have the said type of port, another option is using the optical audio adapter included with the Beam.

I checked the TV model and it seems it doesn’t have HDMI-ARC nor Optical port.

Using a third-party adapter is not a suggested set up because it may cause audio delay and sync issues, but that still depends on how it works on the setup.

While most TVs are compatible with Sonos home theater speakers, some may need additional configuration or may not work with Sonos.

This article will describe some basic requirements when using Sonos speakers on your TV.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks for your reply and your answer was spot on.

I have contacted Samsung tech support because getting hold of anyone with Sonos is a lost cause. Funny how they charge premium prices for their products but their customer support **CKS big time.

The helpful and polite Samsung rep told me that model tv has input ports but no outgoing ports and is not compatible with Sonos speakers.

My brother needs to drop some modest coin on a new smart tv which can be had for less than the cost of the Sonos beam I gifted him.

SU***!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @pharmaross.

Thanks for the immediate response and for the update.

It’s so nice to hear that it was now figured out, sadly, you’re brother needs to have a new TV though.

But I’m positive that once the Beam was set successfully he will able to finally enjoy and maximize the outmost experience of your gift. 

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out. 

You are always welcome in the community and we’re here to help!