Question

Connecting my Sonos Arc to LG OLED55BX6LB 55"

• 23 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a new LG OLED55BX6LB 55" Smart. 4K TV (2020) and a new Sonos ARC. I cannot get the Sonos’s ARC and the TV to work together using the eARC HDMI port on the TV. The IR connection works as it should, but will not deliver the same sound range/quality as promised by the eARC connection.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @iancwright.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

Congratulations on having a new Sonos Arc, as well as new devices, let me help and try to figure this out.

I suggest checking first this article that outlines the main factors that determine if your Sonos Arc can play Dolby Atmos audio.  

If Arc is receiving an Atmos signal, we will display that within the Sonos App on both the "Now Playing" screen, and within the settings portion of our app.

Settings > System > About my System > Sonos System Info > Audio In

Getting Dolby Atmos audio can also depend on the physical source device playing the content.

Some TVs do not support Dolby Atmos audio even if the source device does. In most cases, the TV will re-encode the audio to Dolby Digital 5.1.

Check with the manufacturer of your device to see if it supports Dolby Atmos and if there are settings that you need to configure.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.