Question

Connecting Loewe TV to Playbar

• 27 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi - anyone have any advice on connecting a 2015 Loewe Connect 40 TV to the Playbar?

Audio out on the TV is not an optical cable, but weirdly an RJ45 (Ethernet-style) outlet.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +20
That connector is no good for Sonos, look to see if there’s is an SPDIF, its digital coaxial so can be converted to Optical using an adapter.
Userlevel 7
Hi csbarrett

If the picture below represents the back panel of your Loewe Connect 40 TV the white box shows the digital audio In/Out connections referred to by @Belly M

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Wow, haven't seen digital outputs over RCA connectors like that since I used my Laserdisc player. You need an RCA to S/PDIF converter, here's the first one I found on the web: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Digital-Coaxial-RCA-to-S-PDIF-Toslink-Digital-Optical-Audio-Converter/43458576
Thanks for the advice all. Yes, that worked just fine - SPDIF out, and a converter to connect to the optical audio.