Answered

Connecting a 3rd party sub with a playbar, is it possible?

I have an old Sony 5.1 theater system which sound is fantastic but the amp is failing and needs upgrading. I discussed with a member of Sonos team whether i could use a connect amp with my system but the speakers are not compatible. Debating whether to buy a Playbar but i'm wondering if i could connect my sub with it somehow to try and get a similar experience to what i already have. thanks
icon

Best answer by bockersjv 11 January 2019, 12:08

In a word No. Sonos use their own mesh wifi network which the Sub would not be able to connect to.

Have you room for the Playbase? i have one and fro my install the bass is great without a sub, far better than the playbar and no need to clutter the room :)

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18
In a word No. Sonos use their own mesh wifi network which the Sub would not be able to connect to.

Have you room for the Playbase? i have one and fro my install the bass is great without a sub, far better than the playbar and no need to clutter the room :)
I have a wall mounted TV so i think the playbase would look a little weird in my set up.. but worth considering...! When i tested them both at the shop i got the impression the playbar had more of a punchier base than the playbase... but maybe was the setup in the shop?

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings