Answered

Connect Sonos with Onkyo AV receiver TX-NR636

• 14 October 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone!

I currently have the Onkyo AV receiver TX-NR636 that I use to play music. It's connected with 2 old (wired) speakers and I want new, wireless speakers, e.g. the Sonos Play:3. I was wondering if that will work fine and if I just need the speakers, or do I need something else as well?
(The Onkyo I have "does not work with Sonos")

Thanks!
Matthias
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 19 October 2018, 20:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone!

I currently have the Onkyo AV receiver TX-NR636 that I use to play music. It's connected with 2 old (wired) speakers and I want new, wireless speakers, e.g. the Sonos Play:3. I was wondering if that will work fine and if I just need the speakers, or do I need something else as well?
(The Onkyo I have "does not work with Sonos")

Thanks!
Matthias

Hi Matthias,

The best way to integrate your Onkyo into a Sonos system would be the Connect. The Connect has audio inputs and outputs. This would allow you to send audio from your Onkyo into the Connect, which could then stream that audio to any other Sonos speaker in your home. Likewise, you could send audio from the Connect to your Onkyo receiver. You could use the Sonos app to play audio from many different sources on any Sonos speakers you have, as well as on your Onkyo using the Connect's audio outputs.

If you just wanted to send audio from the Onkyo to a Play:3, you could use any Sonos unit with a line-in connection (Play:5, Connect, or Connect:Amp)