Question

Connect:Amp Surround Sound

• 28 June 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi everyone

I have a system of a Playbar and ceiling surrounds powered by a Connect:Amp. Everything is in a Boost setup, and all seems to work fine. I have a few questions please:

1. Is there a way to switch surrounds on and off easily without having to go to the effort of typing in the Playbar’s IP address each time. When I watch TV, I want the surrounds activated. If I'm just chilling in the kitchen or something, then I want the ceiling speakers to be able to just play Spotify. Surely that's not as hard as finding the IP address of my Playbar and going to the settings each and every time?

2. Is there anyway to increase the level of the rears?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I don't use a C:A for surrounds, but is there not a switch in Room Settings/(PLAYBAR room)/Advanced Audio/Surround Settings whereby you can turn the surrounds on and off? And a level control for the surrounds too?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Thanks for the reply, and also the very helpful FB Messenger support from Sonos. Here are the answers I got in case useful to anyone else.

1. No way to keep connecting the surrounds on and off without going through the IP address. But if you play music (e.g. Spotify) it goes through all the speakers (i.e. Playbar and the surrounds) which works for me.

2. Rears can go up, as ratty says it's in this menu: Advanced Audio, Surround Settings, TV Level.