Connect:Amp + media cabinet

• 23 May 2018
  • 2 replies

Stacking Nine in a cabinet

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I currently purchased a new home and I had nine rooms wired with two speakers per room. The builder ran all the wires to the living room where the media cabinet will be installed. So in this media cabinet I will have nine Sonos connect amp‘s, a receiver, and other stereo equipment. The cabinet is built-in and has minimal ventilation. The Sonos amps get really hot and my question is will they be OK in the cabinet altogether with all the stereo Equipment? If not, do you know of a solution? I’m just concerned that the equipment may fry due to heat and/or burn my house down. Please advise.

Mel Shubash
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'd start by adding some passive ventilation, if that cools the space enough you should be good. If not you are going to have to add forced air ventilation, maybe a 12 volt 120 mm box fan run off of a 5 volt supply would be enough and nearly silent.

The Connect Amps might not shut down due to overheating but it sure won't be good for them to be cooking in a cabinet above room temperature. Same for your other gear, hot is bad.