Question

Conflict between Sonos Arc Soundbar and Samsung one connect box.

• 28 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a new 2019 65” Samsung QLED TV just installed with the new Sonos ARC Soundbar. The soundbar worked great until the cable box was connected.  It said there was a conflict with the another connected device.  The Sonos was plugged into the HDMI ARC port and the cable box in HDMI port 1.  We changed the cable box to all the other HDMI ports and had the same problem.  I have spoke with Sonos and they said to plug the soundbar directly to the TV.  That’s not an option since the TV does not have any inputs outside the one connect box.  I have spoke with Samsung and they say it is not a Samsung issue.  I have family members with the same Samsung one connect box with other make soundbars plugged in without issue.  Do anyone else have this problem or a possible solution??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’d be looking at the instructions for the cable box, and figure out how to turn off CEC on it. Or, push comes to shove, get one of those adapters from Amazon that blocks the CEC channel on the cable. My guess is your cable box is reporting to your TV that it is a speaker, which is taking priority from the Arc. 

And I’d agree with the folks you spoke with, if what I’m thinking is happening, neither Samsung nor Sonos are at fault, they’re just handling the CEC signal as designed in the specifications. The fault is (oddly) on the cable box.