Compatibility of Sonos Beam with LG Television

• 19 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi, can you tell me if my LG TV Model # 50-LB5900-UV is compatible with the Sonos Beam? I've been working on it for hours and the only thing it plays is the music from my phone but doesn't connect to my TV. Please let me know.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I would be surprised if it wasn't. Can you post a link to the manual? How are you attempting to connect it, via HDMI-ARC or via optical? The fact that you can play music from your phone is pretty good evidence that the speaker is working, so we have to suspect the connection between the TV and the speaker.
Here's the link to the manual:
file:///Users/jeannettemendoza/Downloads/MFL67987207_04_edt%20(1).pdf

It doesn't have an HDMI-ARC connection so we are using the optical.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Check to see what kind of signal the Beam thinks it is getting (it is buried in the About page). You don't say what source your TV is getting its signal from. Also the link to the PDF isn't going to work for anyone else. I would guess you need to enable the optical output from TV Settings somewhere (if the app reports "No signal" or "Silence").
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Look into the speaker settings in the tv as well. I have mine set to tv+external, and turn the tv volume down to zero when I want to use 5.1 through optical, which I only use for films.