Question

Compatability with LG OLED

• 26 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Will a Sonos surround sound system be compatible with an LG OLED65C8 TV. I have heard there are compatibility issues and that they audio will not sync with the video?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
LG seems to have a little bit of lip sync problems but I had no problem adjusting by going into setup menu and adjusting lip sync delay in the tv options.
Do you have the Playbar or the beam?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I have the C8 55” and a Beam. There are some lip sync issues, but it mainly seems to be with some external sources via hdmi (Netflix etc with the TV apps are ok). Most of the time it’s not noticeable, but sometimes it is. Unfortunately the above poster is wrong, itcant be corrected by adjusting the TV settings - you can if the audio comes before the video, but not the other way around, which is the case here. For some reason LG removed the option for minus lip sync a couple of years back.

I would still recommend a Beam with the C8 though, although I could live without it (the TV is already pretty good). I believe the optical connection helps, but I haven’t tried that yet. Switching to PCM also helps, but the audio sound worse than the TVs own speaker then.