Answered

Combining Sonos with Devialet Expert Pro

• 21 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I want to combine my Sonos system with my Devialet Expert Pro Amp for the following use cases;

#1 I would want to establish a Surround set-up for my TV, where;

• I can use my 2 Sonos Ones as rear surround speakers
  • My Sonos Sub as a sub
  • And my Devialet Expert Pro driven non-active speakers as the front-stereo speakers

I am also consider having a Sonos Arc in the front (but would still want to have the ability to top it up with the Devialet Expert Pro driven non-active speakers. Please note that this setup ONLY has to work for TV. I do not intend to use the sub nor the rear surroun speakers for music listening.

#2 I would want to plugin my Devialet Expert Pro driven non-active speakers as a “speaker” into my Sonos System for multi-room control, and control via Alexa

This one I think should be pretty straightforward; I plug in a Sonos Port, and use either a grouped and muted Sonos One or an Amazon Echo for voice control?

icon

Best answer by James L. 22 February 2021, 10:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Dlange, thanks for reaching out.

#1. Unfortunately this wouldn’t be possible. The Sonos Ones are only capable of bonding to Sonos home theater products (such as the Arc) to work as surrounds and wouldn’t be able to establish that connection with your Devialet Expert Pro. That would also apply to the Sonos Sub - you wouldn’t be able to bond those two products together.

#2. This one should work. You could connect a Sonos Port to the input on your Expert Pro and use your Alexa device to target the Port for music commands.

I hope that clears things up. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Edit: typos

Thank you :)