ceiling mount Soundbar

• 23 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi

I am trying to design a 5.1 surround system for my new apartment.

I am, installing a projector which will extend over a floor to ceiling window. I am having a problem finding a position for the front & center speakers. My question is: If I mount a Soundbar on the ceiling next to the projector screen but about 24 inches above the top of the projector video, will that affect the sound image and feel "odd"? I believe that the Sonos 5.1 setup does a great job of ironing out speaker placement issues but I am downgrading from a $20,000 installation and would like to maintain as faithful a sound image as possible. Having not ever owned a Sonos setup before I do not know whether it is as good as suggested or a bit of technology doing wonders but not quite making the grade. Expert thoughts would be very much welcomed.

D

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If you decide to mount the Soundbar above the screen area...just make sure to mount it with the aluminum towards the top. This insures the drivers are firing down...they are all mounted at an angle.
If mounting below the viewing area, mount with the aluminum towards the bottom so the drivers fire up.