CEC stopped working overnight

• 16 October 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi ya'll,

I have a Vizio E500-B1 that's almost 4 years old. I recently hooked up a Beam to it no problem and had no issues using the Roku remote to control the TV volume. Until this morning.

I woke up, used the Roku remote to turn on the TV and hit the volume button. Nothing. Plus, no audio was coming out of the Beam from the TV.

I checked the Sonos app and the Beam is still present and will play Spotify, podcasts etc. It's totally functional aside from no longer putting out audio from the HDMI ARC.

I did the standard power cycles- Unplugged the TV for an hour w/ HDMI ARC unplugged, plugged it back in, yadda yadda- and that didn't fix anything. CEC is enabled in the TV menu.

Where I think the problem is is that if I go into the Settings menu of the Sonos app and try to re-do the CEC/HDMI setup for the Beam, it gets to the step where it performs the CEC test and fails.

Any ideas here? The only thing I haven't tried is nuking the speaker entirely and re-adding it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If I were to guess, the CEC on the TV failed overnight. You've done all of the steps I would have in order to test. Except maybe trying to connect to the optical port rather than CEC...

You may want to contact Vizio, in addition to posting here.