Answered

Can you combo the Beam and 2 Sonos One

• 11 June 2018
  • 5 replies

Hello I currently have 2 sonos one, and I am considering buying the beam as well. One key thing for me would be if I can combo both my Sonos One and my beam to use with my TV.

Will that compatibility be possible?
icon

Best answer by BMF 11 June 2018, 17:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Yes. You can either use them as surround speakers or group them with Beam.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
According to the FAQ:-

“Does Sonos Beam pair with other Sonos speakers for surround sound?
Yes. While Sonos Beam is a great soundbar on its own, it also wirelessly pairs with our Sub for added bass and a pair of Sonos speakers for full surround sound. A setup with left and right rears and a Sub gives you true 5.1 surround sound”

So it looks like it will work the same way as the Playbar and Playbase for creating surround sound.

So you should be able to use the Sonos Ones as surround speakers for the rear channels.

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/beam.html
So with just those 3 peripherals you can have a pseudo surround sound?

Also to confirm you can't hook the Ones to a tv without either a playbase/bar or beam correct?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Yes, Beam would be connected to the TV and provide Front Left / Right and Centre channels... you pair the Sonos Ones as rears to provide the rear channels.

It would give you real 5.0 surround sound.

No, you can’t connect the Sonos ones to the TV directly... they have to connect via a Playbar/ Playbase or Beam.

I have a Playbar set up with Play 1’s as rears and a sub to provide 5.1 .... you don’t need the sub, it works as 5.1 too.

From what I have read, Beam will work in the same way
Badge +1
Thinking of doing the same thing - don't really want to a sub for our tiny apartment. I've heard the bass response on the playbar is pretty good without one, would be interesting to how the sonos beam goes in the same setup...