Answered

Can the Beam be placed above the TV?

• 21 January 2019
  • 4 replies

I wanted to hang it below but then then the TV would be too high to watch it comfortably. But I’m concerned for the sound e.g. if sound will go upwards and therefore deteriorate. The decoration consideration is not relevant.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 January 2019, 00:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Shouldn't be an issue. Although they don't show an "exploded" view on the sales part of this website, there are no upward firing speakers in the device.
Here's an exploded view, so you can confirm.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/7bBMWdSpn9tsrhm6kfViN5G0iTg=/0x0:2040x1360/1520x0/filters:focal(0x0:2040x1360)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/11450593/vpavic_180524_2614_0261.jpg
Thanks, the picture is a relief. I will make a final attempt though to hang it below as the mics for Alexa may not get well my voice if too high.
Honestly, if I was worried about the mics being not able to hear me, I'd consider getting a simple Amazon Dot, and place it somewhere else.

Although putting the Beam below is generally a better option, I'd say that's probably only by 10%.

Don't, however, try to hang it upside down, then right and left would be switched, and there's no way to change that in the Sonos software.